Tuesday, August 17, 2010

And the Voting Starts...NOW

... voting has officially begun on the Sugar & Salt Throwdown. As Salt has forfeited this week, she had full rights to choosing three yummy dishes that you, our beloved followers, can vote on for us to make in two weeks (see below).

Salt's choices are (drumroll, please):
a. Red Velvet Cupcakes
b. Snickerdoodle Cookies
c. Key Lime Pie

Please vote on the handy-dandy poll to the right. We are also opening up voting on our Facebook page.

Emeril's Forgotten Kisses Meringues earned Sugar an overall score of 4 Yums!






I would like to state for the record, that Salt's meringues taste AWESOME!! I could not stop eating them. Although the texture wasn't that of a meringue, the flavor was fantastic and she probably would have kicked my butt had they firmed up. I'm not even a mint fan, but I loved her peppermint meringues, so I highly recommend everyone try them.

Now, for the sad news, we will be taking next weekend off as a bye week to prep for football season. No..not really, but we will be taking off because Salt has some awesome family events that she must attend to and Sugar will be attempting to hit a golf ball without taking someone's eye out. For that reason, the voting will close on Friday, August 27 for our next bake-off on August 30. This gives each of you 2 whole weeks to vote like crazy on the culinary concoction of your choice. Happy voting!!

In the meantime, if we discover any more tips, tricks, or failures from baking land we'll be sure to keep you posted.

XOXO,



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the poll isn't working for me, but I vote key lime pie!

Sugar and Salt said...

The Poll is fixed and I entered your vote for you. :) Sorry!! Thanks for voting.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for this! :D I *so* hope that the Red Velvet Cupcakes win. I haven't had Red Velvet Cake since I lived in the south and that was too long ago!

JMJE said...

I'm a big fan of Key Lime Pie!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com