Wednesday, August 4, 2010

And mine were butterscotch!

My brain has been a total mess of work and vacation preparations this week, so I apologize that I forgot to write out my recipe. Let's just say that I already know I did not win, but my brownies were still pretty good. If you love butterscotch (which some people do and some people don't...my husband happens to like it very much which is why I went in this direction) I can pretty much assure you that you will enjoy these.

Plus they are a cinch to make, which made me enjoy them even more.

They are adapted from a Nestlé recipe.

Yield: 2 dozen brownies
Ingredients:
1 cup (6-oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup (6-oz. pkg.) butterscotch morsels
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, cut into pieces
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Melt semi-sweet morsels in a saucepan with the stick of butter, stirring until smooth.
  3. Remove from heat and stir in eggs.
  4. Add flour, sugar, vanilla, and baking soda.
  5. Stir in butterscotch morsels, saving out a few to sprinkle over the top.
  6. Pour batter evenly into a greased 13"x9" baking pan.
  7. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out slightly sticky.

2 comments:

magnolia said...

ooh, yum. sounds awesome.

Anonymous said...

ooh, I love those butterscotch chips. These sound de-lish.
My sil makes butterscotch no-bakes and I'm going to ask her if this is where she gets the flavor from.
I can't wait until we get our foster kids! I'm so going to be baking like crazy, again. You know...so I can pack them some goodies in their lunches and stuff:)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com